Program Admin And Coordinator
South Asian Canadians Health & Social Services- SACHSS
22 Melanie Drive, Unit 8, Brampton. ON. L6T 4K9.
Reporting to the CEO of the organization, the Program and Admin Coordinator provides collaborative and client centric services to our clients.
The coordinator’s primary function is to:
oversee our programs and administrative works.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to :
Duties & Responsibilities
· Counselling – Group and Individual
· Guide, Support and Supervise students and volunteers
· Helping with Fundings and Grants applications
· Helping with our programs and projects
· Keeping and maintaining office and general records
· Planning, Organizing, co-ordinating and running our programs including Group Counselling Program, Seniors Program, Women’s Program, Youth Program and
other duties as needed.
Job will involve both remote and in person services with observation of all safety
precautions for Covid 19.
The successful candidate will possess
University Degree or Community College Diploma in Psychology, Psychotherapy,
Counselling, Social Service or Internationally Educated Health Professionals.
Registration with a relevant collage are preferred.
Demonstrated experience supporting clients in the community setting
We are looking for a candidate qualified, experienced, dedicated, flexible, compassionate
and kind, who can work well individually as well as a team.
Possess excellent communication skills and is highly organized.
Fluency in South Asian languages preferred.
Pay: $20 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week
Job Period: One year with possibility of extension and possibility of adding more hours per
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to
Deadline: Please Apply before Monday, November 8 th , 2021, before 11.59 pm.
Who we are
South Asian Canadians Health and Social Services is charitable health and social services
organization located in Brampton, serving Brampton, Peel, GTA and Ontario. We provide
mental health, community, and youth services to our community members. For more
information about SACHSS, please visit our website www.sachss.ca
Community Mental Health Counsellors- 4 positions
Govt. of Canada funded Summer Jobs
South Asian Canadians Health & Social Services- SACHSS – Brampton, ON
1.Helping with Group Counselling and Individual Counselling programs
2.Helping with Intakes, Registration of Clients, Documentation and paperwork
3.Helping with Community Outreach Programs with Covid 19 relief community work and other outreach projects
4. Writing journal articles for our health journal – SACHJ – South Asian Canadians Health Journal, putting together the journal and sending it to everyone in mailing list
5. Putting together SACHSS Newsletter and sending it to everyone in mailing list
6.Helping with Fundings and Grants Applications
7.Helping wth organising, promoting and running our Seniors Program, Program for Women and Girls and our Youth Program.
8.Preparing and making online presentations for Covid 19 and mental health, our programs for Mental Health, Addiction and related programs such as Stress Management, Anger Management, Healthy Living etc.
9.Community outreach program for helping at risk and vulnerable population including seniors and people with hunger and poverty issues and homelessness issues, providing support, help with food, groceries, visits etc.
10.Outreach through phone calls and emails promoting SACHSS services to all hospitals, physicians, health care, mental health and social services professionals, organisations and agencies, legal system including lawyers, probation and parole officers and other community organisations.
11.Online fundraising projects, special events, social, cultural and recreational programs
12.Any other current or future programs as needed as they come up
13. Research on Potential Funding for Mental Health and related services: The main objective of this research is to find out potential funding opportunities for Mental Health and related services from all three levels of Governments and Corporate and other funders.
14. SACHSS Website and SACHSS Social media websites Development, Maintenance, Improvement and Promotion, including oursocial media websites facebook, youtube, twitter, instagram and linkedin.
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The youth must be at least 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Youth awaiting a refugee status ruling, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, youth visa or work visa are ineligible. As the objective of the Canada Summer Jobs program is to support youth entering the Canadian labour market, the temporary nature of an international student’s time in Canada does not allow for a long-term connection to the labour market.
South Asian Canadians Health & Social Services – SACHSS is a Health & Social Services organisation based in Brampton, serving Brampton, Peel, GTA and surrounding areas. For more information about SACHSS, please visit our website www.sachss.ca
Reference ID: #6/21
Contract length: 16 weeks
Part-time hours: 17.5 hours per week
Application deadline: 15th June, 2021
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.25 per hour
Because of Covid 19, the job can be mostly done from home.
Please send your cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org