Iqbal is actively involved in the community since 1991, participating various community initiatives and projects and represents in various community and mainstream organizations which includes:
- One of the Founding Members of Muslim Community Services, (MCS) Brampton in 1991 actively involved in introducing the first violence against women program, and launching Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) in early1990s. Served as a Board of Director/Treasurer from 1991 to 2005,
- Board of Director/Treasurer, Brampton Multicultural Services (BMC) from 1991 to 2005
- Board Member/Treasurer/Chair of Finance and Audit Committee, Children’s Aid Society of Peel from 2011 to 2017,
- Board Member of Children’s Aid Foundation in the Region of Peel from 2019 to present,
- Board Member, South Asian Canadians Health & Social Services (SACHSS), Brampton, since 2016, and the current Chair of Board Advisory Committee,
- Multicultural Ambassador, World Vision Canada, Mississauga, from 2016 to present,
- President, TamilNadu Multicultural Association of Canada (TMAC) from 2018 to present,
- One of the three Public Members of City of Brampton’s Audit Committee appointed by Brampton City Council for the current term of City Council 2018-2022, and
- Mentor in Profession to Profession Mentoring Program for internationally educated finance/accounting newcomer professionals from 2004 to present. Iqbal has mentored more than 100 newcomer professionals helping them to find jobs and building confidence to begin their new life in Canada.
Besides these, Iqbal is also involved in various charity projects in his hometown in India.